But if we said, "There's a possible major winter storm for Thursday afternoon into the evening with 4-8" of snow predicted. There's a chance it could grow to 8-12" and last into the early morning hours on Friday." You'd probably say, "Sounds like delays or a snow day to me!" And then we'd say, "Yes, there's a really good chance so keep checking in."
Those are the scenarios we're dealing with right now. They're encouraging--especially the second one--but we do not like the timing at all. The Euro model continues to predict a moderate to heavy snow storm. The best news we heard all day was that recent runs of the North American models are starting to bring their storm predictions more in line with the Euro. Now that's what we're talking about.
At this point the best case scenario would be an early release Thursday with a full snow day on Friday. Extended vacation part two! The worst case scenario is the 4" snow Thursday afternoon that road crews easily handle before the Friday commute. Fine. Whatever.
|We could live with this outcome.|
Our early prediction is 4-6" in the afternoon and evening of the 13th with delays for Valentine's Day.
Don't forget to vote for this storm's name, which we can always use later if this storm turns out to be a bust.