Friday, January 7, 2011

Friday (1/7) Storm Update...

It appears that the storm, the product of an unusual Norlun trough (or Norlun Instability Trough--NIT), will generate a moderate snowmaker to our south during the day on Friday. Had this storm arrived twelve hours earlier, we would have been in business and most likely would have had a snow day. As a result of the southerly track, GSD is downgrading the chance of a snow day on Friday to 20%. We will throw out a 20% chance only because we have no idea how the superintendent will react to threat of heavy snow later in the day. Even though we love snow days RIGHT NOW, we think that our superintendent will be rational and decide that we can make it through the day. The heavier snow is predicted for much later on Friday, so it looks like school will be open. Again, do NOT be surprised if all afternoon activities are canceled for Friday.

Long term forecasters do think a storm on Wednesday and then another one on Sunday/Monday (Jan. 16-17) are real possibilities. We appear to be in a great weather pattern for storms right now, so check in often at GSD for the latest and greatest weather news for all you snow day lovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment