As has been the case all winter long, our chances at snow this week have fallen through, and we are looking at another long period without snow. We could see snow showers on Saturday that could cover the grass and coat the roads, but the shovel can stay right where it's been all winter.
Our best guess at the next possible chance for precipitation after Saturday is Thursday, February 16th. There could be some icing early in the morning so we'll keep an eye out for that one.
In the meantime, here are some things you can do to get yourself through this capital-D dreadful winter for us snow lovers:
1. Check out "The Voice," one of the better singing competitions on TV these days.
2. Make a "Countdown to Vacation" tear away chart.
3. Watch all the Oscar-nominated films and enter this contest.
4. Write that English paper (under 18)/ Do your taxes (over 18).
5. Take a drastic step to reverse jinx Old Man Winter (take out the deck furniture; put the snow blower away; take the snow tires off; put the snow boats in the Winter Boot bin; etc.)
Punxsutawney Phil did predict six more weeks of winter a week ago, so we need to keep hope alive, but the GSD Staff is concerned that we're simply running out of time. Keep your eyes peeled for next Thursday's weathermaker.